CHARLES VAN LOUCKS’ EXPERIENCE
Jamie Kennedy Entertainment/Artist to Artist Management – April 2013 – July 2013
Internship (Letter of recommendation available upon request.)
- Script coverage: covered features, TV pilots, comic books, and TV episodes/webisodes.
- I read, summarized and analyzed many scripts, looking for potential roles and great scripts to produce.
- Heavy phone work, office tasks, helped with creative projects, and proactively assisted the team.
“The Creation of Evil” – June 2010
- This is the prequel to The Joker from “The Dark Knight” with a ‘Sin City’ visual style.
- Awarded Aloha Accolade Award from the Honolulu Film Awards.
- 20 minute thesis film (drama/horror).
- I wrote the script, cast actors, scouted potential shoot locations, storyboarded and shot-listed many creative shots.
Jet Propulsion Laboratories – January 2011 – April 2011
Director of Documentary
- Interview offering personal insights about the engineers who built the Mars Rover.
- Documentary for use on JPL website.
- One of four Bachelor Degree (Filmmaking) Students selected for this project.
- I organized and directed interview with JPL engineer.
“Coke and Mirror Wars” Music Video – October 2013
- Starring Wayne Brady
- Locked locations, crew, and equipment.
“Wanna Be” music video – May 2011
- An artist rises from dark times to become the songwriter and performer he is destined to be.
- 4 minute music video.
- Collaborated with musician to help visually express his music.
- I cast actors, wrote visual script, directed project, designed set.
“Spotting Spots” – September 2011
- A young husky Irishman must fight to become the male model he has always dreamt of becoming.
- 15 minute thesis film (Comedy).
- I wrote the script, cast actors, scouted shoot locations, storyboarded and directed the film.
- Featured in a special presentation at Warner Brothers Studios in Burbank, CA.
“The Brazil Project”
Photographer – September, November 2012
- The mission is to bring awareness to the deforestation of Brazil.
Freelance film crew positions – January 2009 – Present
- Director, Writer, Producer, Assistant Director, Director of Photography, Camera Operator, Assistant Camera, Sound Mixer, Boom Operator, Gaffer, Grip and Electric.
- My duties include arranging permits, locking deal memos and making sure the day is completed on time and on budget, giving the director the creative time needed on-set.
- I am able to problem-solve creatively and communicate efficiently in an intense work environment.